Sunday 19 July 2009

Food Took Over

My current weight is 250 pounds. It's a lot but it's still 35 less than my weight when I arrived here in October. I've been on these pills called Xenical for a few months. It's the prescription strength version of Alli. It works very well. It does exactly what it says: 30% of the fat you eat goes straight through you. Sound great, doesn't it?

Sure but you still have to switch to low fat and fat free stuff for you to lose a significant amount of weight. It's not a miracle drug that lets you eat what you want without exercising for miracle weight loss. That's what we all want isn't it?

I'm tired of food running my life! I honestly don't lust after any particular foods anymore. I'm sick of food and what it's done to me. I'm tired of being hungry all the time. I'm tired of being the fat one. I'm tired of the looks I get. I'm tired of running out of breath from going up one flight of stairs. I'm tired of wanting to go by car everywhere even if we can easily walk. I'm tired of feeling tired.

I went to see my doctor recently to switch from the Xenical to an appetite suppressant. I mentioned lap band surgery and he was all for it. He sent a referral to a surgeon for me to be considered for lap band surgery. The doctor decided not to bother with any weight loss drugs.

I still have to go through the screening process. From what I've read, they ask you tons of questions about your dieting history, family illness history and health. Then they do some tests. They take all this into consideration and then they give you a date for surgery.

I know that this isn't going to be that miracle cure I've been looking for, but it WILL be nice to be able to have control over the constant hunger. My problem recently hasn't been eating better, it's the amount I've been eating. I'm looking forward to being able to eat a small portion and feeling full.

I really hope I get approved for it. I'm desperate.

No comments:

Post a Comment